THE OUTSIDE :
A wonderful 19 th century mansion
The outside itself is worth coming to the place : a large and beautiful mansion house, XIX century style, built by the architect Henri Parent.
The Jacquemart-André museum was named after its owners : Edouard André (1833-1894) and Nélie Jacquemart (1841-1912). It’s was the couple ‘s private home.
THE MUSEUM :
a grand and gorgeous 19th residence.and a wonderful collection of Italian art.
The Museum display the art they collected during their lives. Thus, they devoted a considerable fortune to buying works of art especially in Italy where they use to go frequently.
Though it’s in France and it gathers mainly Italian art, I felt during all my visit a type of British touch in the air… Strange.
an exquisite place to have a break, a meal or a 5 o’clock tea
I had a very nice break in the café which is located inside the museum. Such an exquisite place…! I loved it as much as the welcoming and the food. It’s not a restaurant run by a great chef, but the food is really nice. If you are vegetarian, you’ll surely be pleased too. And a great choice of delicious pastries.
I enjoyed being in such a beautiful and luxurious as intimate and relaxing place.
My advice :
- You’ll surely enjoy this place. And don’t miss the Café/restaurant which is really worth it. It’s gorgeous.
- If you come when the weather’s fine, experience the terrace of the Café.
- If you plan to go the “Printemps” department store (either for shopping or for the view over Paris from the rooftop), you can plan the 2 visits on the same day : the Museum Jacquemart André is about 20 minutes on foot from Le Printemps department store (on the same Boulevard Haussmann).
- Museum : 7/7
- L – V : 11.45 am – 17.30 pm (L : 7pm) Sat.and Sunday : 11 am to 3 pm
- 158 bd Haussmann – Paris 8 Metro stops : St Augustin; Miromesnil; St Philippe du Roule
- (Le Printemps department store : 64, boulevard Haussmann – Paris 9)
Let Paris become “your Paris”, the time of your stay !
Visit Paris, with Ann Jeanne in Paris, native Parisian :
- You’d like to feel like a local and having a tour in a Paris neighborhood, but you don’t feel having a tour with a group ?
- You’d like to discover Paris off the beaten path and get a real feel of an authentic Paris ?
- You’d like to see Paris in another perspective and to know more about Paris and Parisians?
- I’d be delighted to welcome you and share with you “my” Paris. And Paris will become “your” city too 🙂
- The tours are private (with you only or you and the person you choose), at your pace.
- For more details : The tours – Booking and Pricing
- Feel free to contact me