On your next visit to Paris, I suggest you this walk with Ann Jeanne in Paris (me, native Parisian !) in an area, where you’ll have a real feel of a Paris’ neighborhood. An area where you’ll really experienced what Paris’ life is, in a both lively and quiet part of Paris. I suggest you this walk especially if you’ve already visited the main landmarks, such as Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower…etc It’s one of the place where I would love to stay if I were visiting Paris … and actually it’s the area where I was born, where I grew up, where I went to the elementary school. A place where all the inhabitants could tell you how pleasant it is to live there…. I don’t know even one person here who would like to live anywhere else in Paris… All right, maybe, they would accept to live in Saint Germain des Prés, Montparnasse, or the Ile Saint Louis… Maybe…. !! But not sure…. ! I know the history of this part of Paris, how it changed, the little details which makes it how it is…etc… You can click here to see the list of My tours (This tour is called “From Daguerre to Montsouris“)
Oh yes !… on this tour, you’ll see some ducks and swans too !!!
If you feel like having another experience of Paris… I should say… an even more parisian experience… a more insider experience, don’t hesitate to contact me. It would be a great pleasure to show you one of the best cheesemonger of Paris (I don’t think it’s in touristic guides but it’s in Parisian’s heart and mind !), a market so many parisian affectionate so much, the houses of many painters who used to live there in the 30s, a wonderful park, winding cobblestone streets with charming semi detached houses…………..and tell you so many things I know about this so parisian neighborhood… Don’t hesitate to contact me if you feel like experiencing “this Paris”. Contact
If you open markets, cobblestone streets, parks, the architecture and the artists of the 30s …
You’ll like strolling in this neighborhood !
You’ve maybe never heard of Montsouris neighborhood before… Sometimes, it’s not even mentioned in Paris travel guides. Located in the South of Paris, up till the end of the 19th century and the huge transformation of the city by Napoleon III and the Baron Haussmann, this area was outside Paris.
It’s a charming and cosy part of Paris, where you get the feeling of an authentic Paris
Discover the Paris of the Parisians ! (Paris is not just about the Eiffel Tower and NotreDame ! )
A pedestrian market street with its shops alike an open market,
- One of the most beautiful and largest Paris’s parks,
- Cobblestones pedestrian streets with semi-detached houses,
- the houses where George Braque, André Derain, Foujita, Henry Miller, Anaïs Nin, Salvador Dali, Chaim Soutine, Amédée Ozenfant, Antonin Artaud, André Derain, Chana Orloff (sculptor)... used to live, create and gather. I’ll show you their houses.
- houses built by some of the most renowned architects of the 30s : Le Corbusier, Jean Lurçat, Auguste Perret.
When you book a tour with Ann Jeanne in Paris, I share with you my Paris, a real Paris so much appreciated by Parisians !
You’ll probably enjoy walking in the charming cobblestones narrow alleyways, where you feel like faraway from the city. A real provincial atmosphere.
A pedestrian market street : a street so much liked by locals
Here some more images of this charming provincial atmosphere :
Famous artists of the 30s used to live in this neighborhood
Where they used to live, work and gather.
Buildings by renown architects
You’ll see buildings designed by Le Corbusier, Auguste Perret, Jean Lurçat… Several Art Deco style (not Art Nouveau) buildings, built between WWI and WWII. Some are listed as Historic Monuments.
Some remains of the Roman time
You’ll also see a piece of an acqueduc from the roman time.
My advice :
- If you like architecture and especially the Art Deco architecture (30s architecture), if you’d like to see where Fujita , Miller, Braque, Dali,Anaïs Nin, Derain,Soutine… and other renown artists used to live, you’ll enjoy a tour with Ann Jeanne in Paris in this area
- You’ll enjoy an open market, a walk in a park, you’ll see where artists of the 30s used to live and see a remain of the Roman time when Paris was still called Lutèce (2000 thousands years ago).
Visit Paris, with Ann Jeanne in Paris, native Parisian :
- You’d like to feel like a local and having a tour in a Paris neighborhood, but you don’t feel having a tour with a group ?
- You’d like to discover Paris off the beaten path, get a real feel of an authentic Paris, and full of tips from a native ?
- You’d like to see Paris in another perspective and to know more about Paris and Parisians?
- I’d be delighted to welcome you and share with you “my” Paris. And Paris will be “your” city too 🙂
- The tours are private (with you only or you and the person you choose), at your pace.
- For more details : “Ann Jeanne in Paris” tours, Booking and Pricing
- Feel free to contact me
And in you’d fancy a photo session to bring back home amazing photos of yourself :
[For a photo session [Bring back pictures of yourself in Paris ) : click here]