Le Printemps : not only a shopping area but an historic monument and a panoramic view over Paris
“Le Printemps” : one of the 4 largest department stores in Paris (Le Printemps, Les Galeries Lafayette, Le BHV Marais and Le Bon Marché).
The department store “le Printemps” by itself is worth a visit. Its stained glass art deco dome is beautiful. You can see it from the restaurant at the 8th floor of “le Printemps”.
On the top floor, another restaurant and a panoramic terrace from which you have a stunning view all over Paris. You’ll see the Eiffel Tower, the Sacre Coeur basilica which is also called “Paris beauty spot”, and others buildings (Opera, la gare Saint Lazare, Saint Augustin church…)
Some History and more information :
Created in 1865 and listed as a historical monument. 3 buildings, 44 000 m2 with luxury goods, fashion, beauty, homeware, a food hall…etc. 7 eating areas with a wide choice of cuisine.
Practical details :
- Le Printemps – 64 boulevard Haussmann – 75009 Paris – Metro stop : Havre Caumartin (nearby) or Opéra (10 minutes walk) – RER : Auber
- Monday-Saturday – 9.35am to 8pm. Late-night opening on Thursday until 8.45pm
- Printemps web site : www.printemps.com
My advice :
- The terrace is a must-go for its stunning view all over Paris and a pleasant (though very simple) place to have a break and maybe a snack or a drink.
- And after your visit to La Printemps, why not going to the Jacquemart André Museum and have a meal in their café, an really exquisite place (and the museum Jacquemart André is wonderful too).
Link to the “Jacquemart André Museum”